President Duterte Sona INTRO : BEATING A DEAD HORSE: THE SONA 2016
I don't have to commit myself to an unordered heap of meaning.
But on semantics, I would say, that with the State of the Nation Address (SONA), the Nation's State is saddled with massive, dangerous drug proliferation, criminality, abuse and corruption and public scandal which is well addressed by the President with his relentless campaigns.
However, only those of keen senses can have a grasp on how the President made a travesty among political hypocrites and social elites, and at the same time distinguished his genuine concern for the poor and the "Common Tao."
To cite a few, here are the spoofs -
1. The Tirades on the Hypocrites
- "Human rights must work to uplift human dignity. But human rights cannot be used as a shield or an excuse to destroy the country - your country and my country."
For the Anti-Duterte groups who thought the President could not fulfill his promise on the realization of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Bill and to those congressmen who tried to be in the spotlight:
- "Eh, 'ang maganda nito' (the good thing is), I have signed the Executive Order 'sa aming' (in our) FOI. 'Naunahan ko kayo.' (I am ahead of you). 'Iyong inyo..' (yours)..'Nandoon na ang sa akin' (mine is already there).
- 'Oo, tapos na ako.' (yes, I have done mine)..'Ilabas ko na...'(I will release it)..It will be out today! 'Alam mo, sabi ko - unahan na natin itong Congress, puro mayayabang ang mga nandiyan.' (You know, and I said - let's outrun Congress, the place is being full of hot air)
- We grab..each other.. They say, "stealing one's thunder," 'ika nga' (as the saying goes)
- For the now lickspittles and turncoats
- 'Eh, nanalo ka eh.' (referring to himself- Well, you won) Hindi ko nga alam kung bakit nandito ako ngayon. (I don't know why I am here, today) Noon nandoon lang ako o..(Before, I was just there - pointing at a corner)..'Totoo man. Sino man ang nagsuporta sa inyo sa akin dito? Wala man.' (Really... Who of your here, suported me? Nobody) Not a single congressman. Except for two provinces, governor. Yon lang. Wala akong barangay captain. Wala akong..wala lahat.. Pero ngayon..[laughter] (That's it. I don't have a village chief. I have nobody..none at all..But now..)
2. Pro-Poor Stance
- At the household level, there must be sufficient income for all Filipinos to meet the basic food and non-food needs for their families. We shall continue to attract investments that will generate thousands of jobs each year – jobs that are suitable for the poor and less skilled members of the workforce.
We must also invest in human capital and ensure equal access to economic opportunities.
When employment is not an option, for instance in extremely rural neighborhoods, entrepreneurship will be advocated.
The number of lawyers and support staff in the PAO — that is the Public Assistance Office — regional and districts shall be increased to provide indigents with more access to counsels.
- We will help avoid squatter-like conditions in relocation sites; we urge utilities like Meralco and electric cooperatives to exercise their corporate social responsibility by making direct connections to relocation sites and depressed areas.
- We have to adjust to the needs of our people. 'Total diyan naman yang sa squatter na yan' (since they are already there), as long as I sit here as President, there will be there no demolitions without relocations. Hindi talaga ako papayag (I actually will not allow that)
And What's Bolder than These!
'Pati yung pari ha --- pati si Pope tinamaan' (Even the priest, even the Pope was hit). Let us be clear with each other. I am for the comfort and the welfare of the Filipino.
'Kayo namang hindi pa bungog diyan, hindi pa pumasok yang mga droga, eh kung ayaw ninyong mamatay, ayaw ninyong masaktan, huwag kayong umasa diyan sa mga pari pati Human Rights, hindi nakakapigil yan ng kamatayan.' (So you out there who are not yet cracked, are not yet influenced by drugs, if you don't want to die if you don't want to get hurt, don't rely on the priests, including Human Rights, they could not stop you from getting killed)
So 'huwag ninyong gawin. Eh, tapos nandiyan ka nakabulagta' (Don't do it). (Then you were there lying) and you are portrayed in a broadsheet 'na parang'(as if) Mother Mary cradling the dead cadaver of Jesus Christ.
Of course, Duterte's SONA is not steered towards Congress by way of tradition, but rather to the Filipino People.
Not on plain awareness. Not on mere promises.
But, on making strong his commitment for a change, and he did good.
The Filipinos will not resort to abuse of expectation, for, in fact, he has done more than enough in less than a month compared to his predecessors in years and or consecutive terms.
Indeed, the fellow is one of a kind.
SOURCE : www.jojomonroysite.com